16. The architect ______ designed the Mori Music Center plans to retire this spring.
A. who B. some C. he D. also
17. It is hard for me to imagine what I would be doing today if I ______ in love, at the age of seven, with the Melinda Cox Library in my hometown.
A. wouldn’t have fallen B. had not fallen
C. should fall D. were to fall
18. Over population poses a terrible threat to the human race. Yet it is probably ______ a threat to the human race than environmental destruction.
A. no more B. not more C. even more D. much more
19. Bus services between Town Center and Newton Housing Estate will be ______ until the motorway is repaired.
A. discontinued B. suspended C. halted D. ceased
20. Residents were cutting their lawns, washing their cars and otherwise ______ a pleasant, sunny day.
A. idling away B. taking away C. chasing away D. driving away