6. The size of the audience, ______ we had expected, was well over one thousand.
A. that B. who C. as D. whom
7. Whitcomb Hospital’s new efficiency program aims to reduce the workload of hospital employees while improving patient ______.
A. care B. cared C. careful D. carefully
8. The monthly rent includes all utilities, with the ______ of telephone and cable charges.
A. excess B. exception C. excuse D. exchange
9. Seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so it would be best to arrive no ______ than 11:00 A.M.
A. later B. latest C. lateness D. late
10. In less than a millionth of a second the vast computer of an international airline can ______ accept 800 booking inquiries, and search its 50 million memory units for appropriate replies.
A. simultaneously B. implicitly
C. cautiously D. confidentially